Our Electrical team will help you to evaluate your wants and needs to create the perfect Electrical Plan or Solution to fit your budget.
Electrical Plans are an important aspect that is often overlooked, particularly for those undertaking a Renovation or New Build. By sitting down with an Electrician before the job begins, we can discuss any design ideas you may have or provide ideas and advice if you don’t know where to begin!
We will cover aspect including:
- Lighting options:
- Do you want to keep things simple and cost effective by installing primarily LED downlights and oyster lights?
- Do you want to have feature lighting, task lighting, LED strip lights, wall sconces, step lighting – there are so many options, the possibilities are endless!
- Do you want sensor lighting in areas such as pantries, walk in robes, stairwells, garages – areas where you may forget to switch off the light?
- Do you need extra lighting in areas that may be quite dark due to lack of sunlight?
- Do you want outdoor lighting? Will you be entertaining on a deck or in a courtyard which would be enhanced with outdoor feature lighting?
- Would Flood Light Sensor lights be something to consider if you which to deter intruders or simply to light a driveway or pathway for anyone arriving.
- Fan options:
- What size ceiling fans do you need for each room? How many do you need in open plan areas? Did you know that small fan sizes exist for small rooms such as offices and kitchens? Or do you have a large area in which you could install a single, very large fan which will also be a feature!
- What colour fans would you like? Or would you like to see a range of options and have help with colour selection? We have access to a large range of brands and can help narrow your choice based on your budget.
- Does the fan you chose push enough air, ie will it cool the room sufficiently for your needs! We can help you learn to read the specifications of the fans to select the best option to suit your needs.
- Outdoor fans need to be made of certain materials that are weather resistant to allow for a longer lifespan.
- Exhaust Fans, what size and style are you after? What areas would they be ideal for?
- Switch & Outlet Selection
- Have you thought about how many power points you will require in each room? The kitchen and lounge area will require some thought, particularly if you’re one to have lots of kitchen appliances. If you have an island bench, it’s smart to include powerpoints the under the countertop as they are then concealed but also very useful.
- Did you know there are powerpoints with USB points incorporated? If you’re tech savvy you may like to have USB points in multiple rooms throughout the house. If you have an office you may want to have outlets with up to 4 points plus USB outlets?
- What colour switches and outlets do you want? We have access to a large range of brands and can help narrow your choice based on your budget.
- Do you want multi way switches for some of your lights? Eg if you have open plan areas or hallways, do you want to be able to control the lights from different areas of the room?
- Where do you need TV and Data outlets installed? If you’re planning on wall mounting your TV you will need to have a power outlet installed at the height you intend to hide the cables.
- Have you thought about where you want your NBN and phone point located to maximise the best wifi capabilities for the areas of the home you may need it most?
- Smoke Alarm Requirements
- There are rules and regulations surrounding where you must have smoke alarms installed. Have you accounted for these rules to ensure extra smoke alarms aren’t required to be installed after you’ve already planned your budget?
- Did you know there are multiple options these days including Smoke Alarms that have wall remotes which enable you to hush the alarm – no need to go in search of a ladder or chair to reach up to deactivate it!
- Smart Home Automation
- Are you a tech savvy customer that wants to be able to control your electricals from your device? Switch on and off lights, appliances, Air Conditioners, Smart Fridges, the possibilities are endless.
- We can provide you with information and options for smart home automation that will suit your desires and budget. You could choose to have only one or two outlets/switches to begin with, then upgrade others as time goes on.
- Switchboard Upgrades to accommodate renovation or extensions (hyperlink to switchboards page)
- If you are undertaking a renovation or extension to your home, you may likely need to have your switchboard upgraded to accommodate for the additional power supply required or to conform with current regulation and standards.
- If you wish to ensure occupants and visitors are safe, we can carry out a safety inspection and advise if any of your switches are missing safety switch protection devices.
Electrical Planning Townsville Residents Rely On
East Coast Electrix are the Townsville Electrical Planning specialist that you can rely on for any job – big or small. We have built our reputation on delivering high-quality electrical services that stand the test of time. Whether you are looking for residential services or you need a team of professionals to tackle your factory, warehouse, or office – we are equipped to tackle your unique project.
Our team of electrical professionals have the skills and the experience to meet the diverse requirements of customers. Call us on 0400 841 847 to schedule an onsite visit or to book a consultation. Our Electrical Planning specialists will arrive at your residence or work premises to discuss your needs and find the best possible solution.
Frequently Asked Questions about Electrical Planning
How Much Does Electrical Planning Cost?
Asking how much Electrical Planning services in Townsville cost is akin to asking how much a holiday costs. It depends on where you are departing from, where you are going, and the quality of the service being provided. At East Coast Electrix, we do not pretend to be the cheapest Electrical Planning in North Queensland. In fact, there are more than enough companies that offer cheap, short-term solutions that will undercut us every time.
At East Coast Electrix, we are committed to delivering electrical planning solutions that make your life simple. To find out how much your project will cost, you can get in touch through phone or email to arrange a consultation and quote.
Do You Offer Any Guarantees for Electrical Planning?
Yes! We are committed to delivering high-quality solutions that stand the test of time. For us, that means qualified, expert tradesman that are fully licenced and will stand behind their work with a workmanship quality guarantee.
With more than 15-years of industry experience and a proven track record when it comes to Electrical Planning, we are happy to stand behind the work that we complete. If you have any problems with the workmanship, our team is just a phone call away!
Why Should I Choose East Coast Electrix for Electrical Planning?
It’s a fair question! After all, there are no shortage of electrical professionals servicing the North Queensland region. For us, we have a simple mission statement; Our aim is to provide the best customer service by delivering reliable, honest, and knowledgeable technicians for each job that we complete.
Here are some of the reasons that our Electrical Planning services stand out in Townsville:
- We provide prompt communication and unbeatable service
- Our team is comprised of expert technicians who stand behind their work
- We are approachable, friendly, and polite in every job that we complete
- Our Electrical Planning services are priced fairly and competitively against the competition
- We will leave your site in the same or better condition than when we arrived
- Our reputation is everything to us – we never cut corners
Can I Get a Quote for Electrical Planning?
Yes! Get in touch on 0400 841 847 or use our contact page to arrange an inspection and quote for your Electrical Planning in Townsville. Our friendly team will provide an assessment and tailored quote for your unique project and requirements.